Sunday, October 7, 2012

The question everyone’s asking: Where do you get your news?



Hello again. I hope you’ve enjoyed following my blog! Today I will show you this sweet interactive element in (yet another) New York Times piece. The main thing I’ll be talking about is the article’s interactive element called How to Build a Pop Song.

What’s different about it?

We, as reporters and the audience, usually get caught up in the words of a story. Sometimes words just don’t cut it. Journalists usually make the text the anchor of their storytelling but there are moments when the audience really needs to hear or see something that they can’t through text. In this interactive element, the audience play "producer" and build their own pop song.

Why I like it.

I like it because I love hip hop music and have a general interest in the story but the journalist gave the story a good sound, in all ways. The journalist also allowed the audience to stray from their text and visit the video package and interactive song maker. This is a super cool feature and just coming up with this idea is mind blowing. I think the pop song maker is the cherry on top to a really well done piece.

Why you should like it.

This is a real gem for people who like to click around and linger. This is for those of us who chooses the combo platter. You get a solid text piece, video, photos and some interactive stuff for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Lexy, this is so informative and easy to read. I love your writing style. "This is a real gem for people who like to click around and linger." SO TRUE

    ReplyDelete