Sunday, October 28, 2012

My last blog post: The Internet isn’t the future, it’s the now




Well, this is my last blog post! It’s been fun and I’ve loved sharing my findings with y’all. I think my overall theme is showing how news on the internet can interact with the audience so much more than just words or photos in print can. The options are nearly endless online. So here we go, another New York Times piece shows all of the patents Steve Jobs held before he passed away.

What’s different about it?


This interactive feature shows the patents in categories and allows the viewer to click each patent for a quick summary. You would take up so much room doing this in a traditional facet but online you can open and close what intrigues you.

Why I like it.


Like I said earlier with Document Cloud, I love giving the audience a full backstage pass to where you found all of your information. The patent information, aka the stuff that they read through to create this easy road map, is linked in each description.

Why you should like it.


You should like this because it shows the sheer genius that was Steve Jobs without saying it at all. As usual, the reporter took a lot of time and effort into this project and shows this awesome patent display that lets you get into the head of Apple’s mastermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment