Saturday, October 13, 2012

Photos that capture time and the audience



Okay. I’ll admit it. I’m a football fanatic. I was born in Irving, Texas, the original home of America’s team and lived for Friday night lights until my switch to Saturday game days at TCU. Here’s a photo feed of last year’s Super Bowl XLV (Steelers v Packers). I watched the game with my family in Dallas and these photos really give you the off-field feel.

What’s different about it?

This story is told through photos. The only text shown is the cutline, or details about the photo. The photos show fans all over Dallas-Fort Worth cheering on their favorite team. The photos show the anxiety and excitement a true football fan has during a game, especially at the Super Bowl.

Why I like it.

This summer I went to a journalism conference that really opened my eyes to photojournalism. Photographers tell just as much of a story as writers or videographers do. They capture a scene in a blink of an eye and give their audience a peek into their story. Photos are great because you can find something different to look at every time you look at one.

Why you should like it.

I think comparing video, photos and text is like comparing apples, oranges and bananas. You like all of them for different reasons. Photographs have been around forever and the beauty of a perfect moment can only get clearer as photos and photojournalists get better. Enjoy the photos and you can always catch my favorite team here.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! I love the emotion in the photos. Pictures of people during the football season can perfectly illustrate the "edge of the seat" football experience.

    ReplyDelete